Library & Member Discounts
One of the most useful resources that AAUG provides is our lending library. The lending Library is available to members in good standing (all fees or fines paid). You’ll find it at our monthly meetings.
It is expected that any book checked out at one of our monthly meetings be returned at the next meeting or within 30 days. A $5 fee per CD will be charged for each month the books are late and not returned to the library.
If you can not make it to the meetings, please contact me ahead of time. Or you may mail the book to me at:
7200 Tree Top Circle
Anchorage AK 99507.
Roger Helligenthal, AAUG Librarian.
Please email me with questions, suggestions, problems or requests.
Here are the current available books for checkout:
We are continuing with the effort to reduce the number of books in the AAUG Lending Library, so please join us at the next scheduled meeting listed below. I will not be listing free material in this month’s article, but new books will be available for loan. For free material, please join us at the next meeting and be surprised at what you might discover!
Please review the books listed below available for loan:
“Missing Manual” series
Mac OSX Operating Systems
- Switching to the Mac, El Capitan Edition (First Edition, January, 2016)
- OSX El Capitan (First Edition, December 2015) for all Macs running OSX 10.11 (3 copies)
- Switching to the Mac, Yosemite Edition (First Edition, January 2015; 2nd printing, March 2015)
- OSX Yosemite – covers OSX 10.10 (First Edition, December 2014)
- MacOS Sierra – covers the new Touch Bar MacBooks (First Edition, December 2016)
Mac OSX Productivity
iWork – for Mac, iOS, and iCloud (First Edition, March 2014)
- Office 2011 for Macintosh (First Edition, December 2010)
- Quickbooks 2016 (Covers Quickbooks for Windows; 1st Edition, October 2015; revision history for 1st Edition: 10/09/2015, first release; 11/20/2015, second release)
iPhone & iPad
- iPhone –Tenth Edition (Covers all models with iOS 10 software, incl. the 7 and 7 Plus) (Copyright 2017; January 2017, 1st printing) (2 copies)
- iPhone – Ninth Edition (Covers all models with iOS 9 software, incl. 6s and 6s Plus) (December 2015, 1st printing; March 2016, 2nd printing) (2 copies)
- iPhone – Eighth Edition ((iOS 8.1 Software, incl. iPhone 6 and 6 Plus) (January 2015, 3rd printing)
- iPad, 7th Edition (Covers all iPad models w/iOS 8.1 software, incl. iPad Air and iPad mini 3
Photos & Movies
- Photos for Mac and iOS (Lesa Snider; First Edition, July 2015) (2 copies)
- iPhoto ’11 (First Edition, March 2011)
- Photoshop CC (2nd Edition, covers 2014 Release; revision history for 2nd Edition: 08/05/2014, first release; 12/19/2014, second release)
- Photoshop Elements 13 – covers both Windows and Mac versions (First Edition, September 2014; first release, 09/04/14; second release, 12/05/14)
- iMovie – 2014 Release (covers iMovie 10.0 for Mac & iMovie 2.0 for iOS)
- WordPress – Second Edition (July 2014) (2 copies; one copy with Keith White for reference)
- Creating a Website (4th Edition, covers HTML5)(obtained March 2016; copyright 2015)
This is a list of the available books within the
- Michael Freeman: Capturing the Moment, The Essence of Photography (Focal Press)
- Adobe Photoshop CC for Photographers, 2015 Release – Martin Evening (Focal Press)
Photo Editing, Video Editing, & Digital Imaging
- Focus on Apple Aperture – Corey Hilz (Focal Press)
- Vegas Pro 11 Editing Workshop – Douglas Spotted Eagle (Focal Press)
- The Filmmaker’s Guide to Digital Imaging – Blain Brown (Focal Press)
- My Office for iPad – Que Publishing, by Paul McFedries (copyright 2015, 1st printing July 2014)
- iPad at Work – Wiley Publishing, by David Sparks (copyright 2011)