Price in iTunes App Store: $2.99 – all included, no in app purchases req’d
Pro: incredibly relaxing for quiet time, meditation, graphics are parallax 3D to soothe, wind is recorded in stereoscopic 3D too, a wonderful story unfolds.
Product Rating: 5/5 Excellent
Conflict of Interest: a free copy of the app was provided for the review
When I’m tired, and want some total relaxation I have a new friend…. Windy. I get out my iPhone or iPad, start up this amazing app, put on my earbuds or headphones, and I’m away. Developer Franz Bruckhoff ( who has also created Haze & Thunderspace) has created a journey of Windy through 6 scenes and 6 soundscapes, each recorded and enhanced in 3D, so I felt myself drift off effortlessly. The graphics move and drew me in. The wind was recorded by a pro who’s won an Emmy for his natural sound work. It’s soo relaxing. I found I like following along the story of Windy, or I could just close my eyes and relax. I think once you’ve tried it, you 2 will be pleasantly hooked.
- Stereoscopic 3D audio. Optimized for Apple EarPods & headphones.
- Seamlessly looped, long recordings.
- Encoded in 256 kbps AAC.
- 6 soundscapes in partnership with Emmy-award winning nature sound recordist Gordon Hempton.
- 6 motion controlled multi-plane 3D parallax scenes illustrated by Marie Beschorner.
- Music composed for Windy in Hollywood by award-winning composer David Bawiec.
- Wonderful cohesive story by story artist Vira Haglund.