As was mentioned at the meeting on Wednesday, Macworld will be shutting down its print publications as of November 2014 and will go with purely online content. One of the grand-daddies of the Mac publishing world, it was first published in 1984.
Accolades, articles, remembrances and anecdotes have poured in from across the web:
- Chris Breen, whom you may recall spoke at the April 2014 AAUG meeting, wrote a loving letter of recommendation for many of his colleagues who were laid off following the announcement on Wednesday.
- The Accidental Tech podcast offered a tribute on Wednesday.
- The NYTimes offered just the facts.
- 9to5mac had a few thoughts.
- Jason Snell, former Macworld editor, offers his thoughts.
Here’s to you crazy kids at Macworld – our appreciation for your many years of service, humor, tips and news – from all of us at the Alaskan Apple Users Group.